Bison & Bean Burritos
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lbs ground bison
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dry oregano leaf
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (medium or hot)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- Fillings of your choosing
STEPS FOR COOKING:
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the bison, stir and break up any chunks as it cooks.
- Cook until browned completely and very little moisture remains.
- Add sweet onion, minced garlic, chilli powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper.
- Blend in salsa, red wine vinegar and refried beans.
- Stir and cook until bison and refried bean filling is relatively thick.
- Spoon the filling ( about 1/2 cup) lengthwise on the tortilla off to one side.
- Top off with garnishes of choice.
- Fillings can include: sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, chopped green onion, fresh coriander leaves, hot peppers, enchilada or salsa sauce.